Intelligent Environments (IE) refer to physical spaces in which IT and other pervasive computing technology are woven and used to achieve specific goals for the user, the environment or both. IEs have the ultimate objective of enriching user experience, better managing and increasing user awareness of that environment.
As in previous editions of the Intelligent Environments conference, a number of workshops will complement the main conference program. Papers accepted in any of the workshops will be published in the proceedings of the event, which will be an open-access volume in the Book Series on Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments Series (IOS Press). As of 2015, the Workshops Proceedings published by this Book Series are indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index – Science
(CPCI-S) by Thomson Reuters.
The IE2024 workshops will be held within two days, namely 17 and 18 June. Half-day, full-day and even two-day workshops are possible depending on the number of participants.
Workshop proposals due:
Workshop acceptance decision:
Call for papers for the workshops:
Workshops paper submission due:
Workshops paper decision:
Workshops camera-ready deadline:
12 September 2023
20 September 2023
from December 2023 to February 2024
1 March 2024
5 April 2024
15 April 2024
17 and 18 June 2024
Workshop proposal submission
Workshop proposals should contain the following elements:
- Workshop title
- Workshop overview and topics, with a justification for inclusion in the IE2024 conference if it is not obvious
- Past editions
- Chairs / Programme Committee / Technical Committee
- Preliminary program, including keynote speech details (a keynote speech is encouraged but not mandatory) and any interactive activities planned (e.g., discussions, hands-on activities)
To submit the workshop proposal for IE2024, please send an email to the General Workshops Chairs (please see their email addresses in the last section of this document).
The proposers are invited to check the tentative list of workshops planned for this IE edition and avoid proposing too similar workshops.
Support to workshop organizers
Workshop organizers will be provided with up to three free conference registrations depending on the number of participants, which can be used for workshop chairs and/or keynote speakers. IE2024 will also manage the publication of workshop proceedings.
Responsibilities of workshop organizers
Workshop organizers have the following responsibilities:
- Maintaining their workshop website
- Planning and coordinating the workshop programme
- Arranging a potential keynote speaker
- Calling for papers
- Reviewing and accepting papers
- Ensuring that the papers adhere to the prescribed format
A minimum of four registered papers are required, otherwise, the workshop will be cancelled.